ZERO Prostate Cancer Run - Austin
New Date! Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 9 a.m.
For 2013 race results, click here.
Race Date: Saturday, November 16, 2013
Race Time: 9 a.m.
2200 W 35th Street
Austin, TX 78730
Thank you for lacing up your sneakers and joining Urology Austin at the ZERO Prostate Cancer Run - Austin on Saturday, November 16, 2013 at Camp Mabry. The race is part of the ZERO Prostate Cancer Challenge – the premier men’s health event series in America – coming to more than three-dozen cities across the nation in 2013. This tight-knit community activity brings together athletes, doctors, cancer survivors and those who care about them to end prostate cancer. We aim to accomplish our goal by funding research and providing free testing and education.
Where Does the Money Go?
- 50 cents of every dollar raised stays in our local community to fund research, testing and support.
- 50 cents of every dollar funds national advocacy efforts to increase and protect federal dollars for prostate cancer research. Every dollar dedicated to advocacy is converted into $9 for research!
- Since 2008, we have provided more than 50,000 free tests and provided more than $1 million toward local prostate cancer programs and research.
Your Registration and Help
- Your registration fee gives a patient in need a ride to the doctor’s office for treatment.
- A $50 donation educates up to 10 men and their families about prostate cancer.
- Getting friends and family to contribute a total of $100 provides a free test to a man at-risk.
- Raising $250 enables an advocate to spend a day on Capitol Hill demanding millions in research funds.